SysArc recently contributed to an Exostar panel discussion entitled “NIST 800-171 & CMMC 2.0 Non-Compliance: What’s the Risk?” featuring SysArc CEO, Tim Brennan and GDIT CISO, Michael Baker. Streamed live on April 27th, 2022 — This webinar was recorded and is available to watch below.
In this webinar we discuss the following:
- Threat Landscape: Cyber threats that exist today for DIB suppliers and why we all should be concerned.
- Getting Prepared: SSPs, POA&Ms, SPRS scores and what DIB suppliers need to be doing now to be ready and compliant for upcoming compliance audits.
- DIBCAC Assessments: DCMA continues to conduct random DIBCAC assessments on suppliers to enforce DFARS 7019 & 7020.
- Common Questions from DIB Suppliers:
- What is Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)?
- Regarding CMMC Level 2, who will need a third-party assessment and who will need a self-assessment?
- We are a small company, are the requirements scalable?
- Has a firm timeline been set for the requirements to be validated by Tier 1 manufacturers and who is responsible for enforcing compliance?
- What happens if I haven’t submitted an SPRS score yet?
- Will my Prime check to see if I’m compliant
- As a small business with few employees we use POA&Ms to create processes to be compliant with NIST. Is this an acceptable long-term solution?
Need Help with CMMC? SysArc Can Help
We are a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) that specializes in helping DIB suppliers protect their information systems and comply with the cybersecurity regulations from the Department of Defense. We’ve consulted over 1000 companies and helped them navigate the complexities of DFARS, CMMC, and NIST 800-171.
To learn more about preparing for CMMC and how SysArc can help, please visit our CMMC guide here. If you’d like to speak with our team about your compliance needs, please feel free to give us a call or schedule a CMMC consultation.