We are a WBJ Best Places to Work ranked Managed Services Provider in the DC area looking for experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. We are one of the top IT and Cybersecurity Services firms in the DC market with a diverse staff, a unique culture promoting teamwork and customer service, that specializes in aligning technology with the business needs of our customers.
In addition to the standard network refresh projects, we add a layer of advanced security into each of our design/build projects. A knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks including NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, CMMC and NIST 800-53 are a plus.
Ideal candidates will have 6-10 years of experience as a Project or Systems Engineer with a least 3 years of experience successfully delivering Azure Cloud infrastructure projects and a proven track record of excellent customer service. We are looking for somebody who is organized and enthusiastic about implementing our process to create a successful, efficient environment for our customers to operate under.
- 100% of single healthcare plan paid including Health, Vision and Dental
- 401k + Company Match
- 2 Weeks Paid Time off
- Certification & training reimbursement
- Employee Rewards Program with Company Store
- Salary dependent upon experience
Primary Responsibilities – Sr. Project Engineer
- Work with our team to implement network upgrades/refresh, server virtualization, Azure Cloud migrations, Office365 migrations, GCC/GCC High migrations, for our mid-market commercial customers.
- Work alongside project team members throughout the life cycle of the project implementation process.
- Establish specifications for various projects with input from the other team members to tailor the specific project to the client needs.
- Work with our quoting/procurement team to ensure proper hardware specifications are met and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all facets of project implementation from planning and specifications, through implementation, Q/A, documentation & training, and delivery to the client.
- Fully document completed projects and handoff to our support team.
- Azure Commercial and Government Cloud expertise a must
- Networking/Routing design and configuration – networking certification desired
- Firewalls, Switches, Routers, WAPs, SANs – Cisco, Fortinet, HP, etc.
- Microsoft Server experience with GPO’s, AD, DNS, etc.
- Experience in private sector MSP environment
- Soft Skills – Organization and effective communication are critical.
- Teamwork, Customer Service, and an innate desire for constant learning and improvement.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Applicant must have at least one of the following Certifications:
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Azure Security Engineer
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer
In addition, the ideal applicant will have one of the following certifications:
- VMWare – certification a big plus
- Office365/Azure experience – MCSE cert desired
- AWS Certifications
- CISA CompTIA Sec +, A+ or Network +