Washington, DC Metro Area
SysArc is a fast-growing Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) looking for experienced Cybersecurity leaders to join our team. For the past 3 years, SysArc has been ranked by the WBJ as one of the Best Places to Work in the Washington, DC market. Our philosophy is to take great care of our team members and they will take great care of our customers. We have a diverse staff, a unique culture promoting teamwork and customer service, and focus on aligning technology with the business needs of our customers.
We specialize in working with DoD supply chain contractors across the US to identify their CMMC compliance gaps and guiding their cyber programs through the process to achieving compliance. Thus, a deep understanding of cybersecurity frameworks including NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, CMMC and NIST 800-53 is essential.
SysArc is seeking a Security Operations Center Manager to lead our SOC team and provide strong and demonstrable hands-on expertise with network security monitoring, vulnerability management, incident response, and SOC management. The ideal candidate is a team player who has experience building, operating, and managing a world-class SOC. The candidate will report to the Director of Cybersecurity Services.
- Lead a team of SOC Analysts and Cybersecurity Engineers performing defensive cybersecurity operations for our clients
- The role will oversee the staff, processes, and infrastructure responsible for delivering our suite of managed cybersecurity services as part of our compliance management programs
- The manager will be responsible for driving process refinement and implementation, metric reporting to senior management and compliance, cross-functional collaboration, and direct supervision of a team of SOC analysts and engineers.
- Review and organize security reports with a clear understanding of the threat, severity, and ramifications in order to triage, prioritize, reproduce, troubleshoot, resolve, escalate, and report
- Establish the operational rhythm, expectation, and standards for the SOC department
- Manage cybersecurity activities and assist with security policies
- Provide hands on-technical support to staff during high- visibility cyber security incidents
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC process and tools to enhance the mission and success of the SOC department
- Ensure that all SOC tools and capabilities are optimized and running for all of our customers.
- Experience running a Security Operations Center in the Defense Industry, Military, or Enterprise- Level environment.
- Working knowledge of policies, procedures, and protocols of a Security Operations Center
- Demonstrable listening, communication, and leadership skills
- Knowledge of security tools and technologies that are common in a SOC
- Knowledge of emergency/disaster management, physical security, critical incident stress management, risk management and business resiliency
- 5+ years in cybersecurity and a minimum of 3 years of SOC Manager experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or related area preferred
- Military Veteran with Cyber experience/training
- Previous work with a DoD Contractor
- Previous work with an MSSP
- CISSP, CISM, GSOM or related GIAC certifications
- CND, CEH (optional)
- 100% of individual healthcare plan paid
- 401k + Company Match
- 2 Weeks Paid Time off
- Certification & training reimbursement
- Employee Rewards Program with Company Store
- Remote Work