Washington, DC Metro Area
We are a WBJ Best Places to Work ranked Managed Service Provider in the DC area looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. We are one of the top IT and Cybersecurity Services firms in the DC market with a diverse staff, a unique culture promoting teamwork and customer service, that specializes in aligning technology with the business needs of our customers.
In addition to the standard network refresh projects, we add a layer of advanced security into each of our design/build projects. A knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks including NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, CMMC and NIST 800-53 are a plus.
Ideal candidates will have 5-10 years of experience as a Project Manager with a least 3 years of experience successfully delivering IT and Cybersecurity infrastructure projects and a proven track record of excellent customer service. We are looking for somebody who is organized and enthusiastic about implementing our process to create a successful, efficient environment for our customers to operate under.
- Work with engineers to establish project requirements, budget, and scope.
- Ensure that the project moves forward in a timely, cost-effective manner, making and communicating changes and adjustments as necessary.
- Communicate clear and concise project updates to the client in a timely manner.
- Coordinate hardware and software requirements from engineers to vendors. Oversees the procurement of materials while maintaining the established budget.
- Provide hardware, software, and service quotes to clients as part of the procurement process.
- Motivate and monitor the progress of work performed by project staff.
- Maintain up to date and accurate project schedule of up to 5+ in-flight projects at a time
- Plan and participate in meetings, discussion groups and other types of events to promote project visibility.
- Serve as a key resource for project information and resolves problems or questions referred by internal and external (client) sources.
- Coordinate final review of project deliverables between Professional Services and Operations departments.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience in Project Management or other applicable IT and Cybersecurity experience
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Cybersecurity or advanced networking certifications are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Customer Service Skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Project management
- Active listening
- Judgment and decision making
- Complex problem solving
- Working knowledge of IT and cybersecurity solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.